[MPlayer-users] mencoder: question N3

James Lancaster james at kirk.math.twsu.edu
Fri Jan 10 04:27:10 CET 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 21:19, you wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> How can I mix audio and video channels together using mencoder ?
> for example, I have audio and video separately and I want to produce the
> whole clip.

The answer to your first question is -ss.

and while I can't remember it, the answer to this is at the top of the man
page.

Not to be mean or anything, but all the questions you have asked (with the
exception of #2 (at least for what you wanted, the docs basically say "cat
file1.avi file2.avi > combined.avi ; mencoder -idx -oac copy -ovc copy -o
combined-indexed.avi )) are either in the man page or the DOCS.

James L.