[MPlayer-users] Re: a newbie question [solved]

Qian Gong q.gong at tue.nl
Fri Jan 10 01:04:42 CET 2003

Thanks for your help. The problem was solved.

I suspected the problem was due to the VIA PCI on-board audio. So I
disabled it from BIOS and inserted a cheap XWAVE 4000 PCI sound card.
ALSA 0.9 driver is used and now mplayer works perfectly. Full screen
without any frame dropping even when copying files from cdrom.

By the way, video output option should be set as -vo xv for the nvidia
TNT2 card. With x11 there are still frames dropping. It's a pity I did
not try -vo xv with the VIA on board sound. I am not quite sure VIA PCI
audio is the real reason. Later I will check it and feed back.

Thank you all and enjoy mplayer!

Qian