[MPlayer-users] bug in libcss

Andreas Jellinghaus aj at dungeon.inka.de
Wed Jan 8 21:29:21 CET 2003

Hi.

please cc: any answer to me, I'm not on this list.
I found a bug in libcss. But i could not figure
out where to report that bug. Is anyone maintaining
libcss at all?

Anyway I write here, because mplayer is the only program
I know/use that uses libcss.

The bug is in src/css.c, CSSGetASF

        for (ai.lsasf.agid = 0; ai.lsasf.agid < 4; ai.lsasf.agid++)

At least in my linux headers agid is a 2 bit wide value, so it's
value is always 0,1,2 or 3. This is an endless loop, unless
the ioctl() succeeds.

Fix:
	int i;

	for (i= 0; i< 4; i++) {
		ai.lsasf.agid = i;

Results in an error message if the ioctl doesn't work.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Jellinghaus <aj at dungeon.inka.de>