[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Audio only playing burns CPU (was: OGG

Wed Jan 8 21:11:00 CET 2003

On 2003.01.07 at 22:22:47 +0100, Arpi wrote:

> > In demux_avi there is:
> yes, avi means audio+video interleaved.
> the fileformat really isn't for audio-only.
> i've never ever seen any audio-only avi, proabbly because no such thing
> exists.

Why, I made some avis like this about 1.5 years ago using qtrecompress,
tool from avifile. I wanted to cut music from clip, and qtrecompress was
able to create only avi files, so i made avi without video with it. The
good thing is audio wasn't recompressed.
My friend said that he can create such things using windoze tools
easily too.

There was no troubles playing such avi files using almost any player.
But mplayer :( It just fails with it. It's really sad...

======= AVI Header =======
us/frame: 0  (fps=  inf)
max bytes/sec: 0
padding: 0
MainAVIHeader.dwFlags: (2064) HAS_INDEX TRUST_CKTYPE
frames  total: 4003128   initial: 0
streams: 1
Suggested BufferSize: 0
Size:  0 x 0
list_end=0xBE
==> Found audio stream: 0
======= STREAM Header =======
Type: auds   FCC: U (55)
Flags: 0
InitialFrames: 0
Rate: 16000/1 = 16000,000
Start: 0   Len: 4003128
Suggested BufferSize: 0
Quality 0
Sample size: 1
found 'wf', 18 bytes of 18
======= WAVE Format =======
Format Tag: 85 (0x55)
Channels: 2
Samplerate: 44100
avg byte/sec: 16000
Block align: 1
bits/sample: 16
cbSize: 0
Broken chunk?  chunksize=1838  (id=JUNK)
list_end=0x3D40AA
Found movie at 0x800 - 0x3D40AA
Reading INDEX block, 1065 chunks for 4003128 frames (fpos=0x3d40b2)
AVI index offset: 0x7FC (movi=0x800 idx0=0x4 idx1=0xD02)
Auto-selected AVI audio ID = 0
AVI_NI: No video stream found!

Even mplayer -identify fails with such files.

--

Vladimir