[MPlayer-users] LOTR DVD playback problem

Mark Veinot vmark at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Jan 8 17:55:10 CET 2003

By your description I am certain that the disc hits the layer
transition at that point in the film. It could be that your drive
does not support multi-layer DVDs, or that ability is damaged. (you
said it didn't work in windows either, right?)

For some reason the drive is unable to change disc layers. Either due
to the drive or a badly mastered DVD. Try to obtain another copy of
that disc and see if the error continues.

- --Mark