[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: -oac null

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jan 7 13:19:23 CET 2003

Hi.

> So, what I need is an option for mencoder to leave audio away at all. I want
> to use ogmmerge to make an ogg file from one video avi and two (or even more)
> vorbis audio tracks.

-nosound does that, but don't use it! mencoder uses the audio in order
to synchronize audio and video. You might run into sync problems with
your method.

Read the README included in my ogmtools for a short example. If you
want to save space you can do the first pass not with pcm but with mp3
audio. That way the resulting AVIs do contain sound and are in sync,
but the mp3 sound takes much less space than the pcm sound. Of course
the first pass will take much longer than with pcm sound :)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)