[MPlayer-users] a newbie question

Qian Gong q.gong at tue.nl
Tue Jan 7 07:03:54 CET 2003

Hi,

I am trying to optimize my system for mplayer(0.90rc2). But the results
are not satisfying during full screen playing xvid movies. Frame dropping
can not be avoided. Sound and video are easily out of phase.

Hardware info: KT133A/686A chipset, VIA on board sound, Athlon 1GHz, 256MB
RAM, NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64 video card.

Driver info: kernel 2.4.20, nvidia driver 1.0-4191, via82cxxx_audio
driver built in the kernel.

Results: the number of dropping frames keeps on increasing during full screen
playing. But if with option -nosound, this number is alway 0. Small
(original) size play goes very well.

Any idea about what can be tried to improve? Thanks a lot.

Qian