[MPlayer-users] Uncompressed quicktime (with bad patch)

Carl Drougge mplayer at z42.net
Mon Jan 6 23:20:12 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:40:02PM +0100, Arpi wrote:

> > MPlayer fails to play back the uncompressed quicktime files produced by
> > cinelerra. This patch makes it work, though I doubt this is the right way
> > to do it. (I'm not familiar with the mplayer codebase)
>
> -vc rgb24 or -vc yv12 should do the same

I would have thought so too, but it doesn't work.

> > I can provide sample files for both these, and the other cinelerra formats
> > too (a few more yuv variations), if you like.
>
> please upload them to mphq ftp
> i'll look at it

Done. cinelerra_mov.tar.bz2 (yes, it really is just 24k)

(The rest of this mail is also in README in the archive)

These files all contain the same sequence, three frames at 1fps. The first
one says "red", in red. The second one adds "green" in green, and the third
adds "blue" in blue.

Component\d+bit4+\.mov are Y'CbCrA? in 8 or 10bit per value. "Component"
isn't specified what it is in cinelerra. The other filenames should be clear
enough.

Component10bit444.mov and RGBA.mov don't play back right in xmovie either,
so maybe they're broken..

RGB.mov and YUV420.mov play with my patch, but they also made me notice
that both the first and last frames are skipped.