[MPlayer-users] encoding audio in vorbis format

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 6 10:53:14 CET 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:25:44PM +0100, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> > another nice link (especially for creating movies with 2 languages)
> > http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-August/019192.html
>
> correct me if I'm wrong, but avi-files have sometimes troubles with VBR
> audio, specially if you want to merge multiple sound-tracks - or am I wrong?

yes, the thread posted above was about creating avi files with multiple
audio tracks, the first solution was for creating avis with mp3-audio,
the second for creating ogms with ogg-vorbis-audio. i tested both,
the ogm solution looked better to me, afaik ogm is designed to have multiple
audio tracks and avi not (or at least it does not work that perfect on
any system or whatever, if you search the archives you may find a
more conclusive answer ;). at least from my personal experience ogm
works better.

> Moreover, vorbis has a better quality for a given file size, and this is
> enough for me...!
exactly.

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/