[MPlayer-users] Again on 5.1 vorbis encoding

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sun Jan 5 22:05:15 CET 2003

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> >Will I be able to merge multiple audio streams in an OGM file? (for
>
> yes

good.

> >example, english and german audio tracks) What if I merge 5.1 AND stereo
> >streams all together?
>
> should work

I will test it as soon as possible. However... how can I extract the ac3
data - and convert into 5.1 vorbis? Perhaps I will also need an
intermediate WAV representation.

As far as I can see, mplayer can only write pcm or lame-mp3 audio out of
a DVD, but not the raw ac3...

thank you
bye
as

P.S. as soon as I'll master divx + multiple languages 5.1 vorbis +
subtitles encoding, I'll write a complete tutorial...