[MPlayer-users] Input commands question

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jan 5 11:56:37 CET 2003

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 17:19:43 -0300
federico chang <mp at feeling4ever.no-ip.com> wrote:

> > There aren't any, as i told you yesterday on irc.
> No irc please, dont have any.

Oh, there was someone else asking the same question, thought it was you.
Sorry, mea culpa.

> As i saw in my .lircrc there were in the earlier version de mplayer with
> "mplayer_lirc" as program name. So our dear team just rewrite the code or
> just wipe it out.

lirc is still included, but afaik it's now in the normal binary (if you
enable it), though i never used it.

> Ah.. now that i read it for the tenth time or so, are they for the playlist?
> or perhaps "playtree"? sorry i can't understand the word, are there "parent
> play list" and "child play list"? so the command "pt_up_step" could jump
> between them?

the playtree is the list you give mplayer over the commandline,
it's something like a playlist, yes. It's called playtree, because
internaly it builds a tree with all options that you give, global, per
group of files and per file. See section 3 of the documentation.

> The problem is the team write a good FM but i cannot understand it at the
> first shot. I really wish i could get the meaning of "playtree" when TFM says
> "pt_step: go to the next entry in playtree."

Then ask here, that's what this mailinglist is for. But you have
to show that you have already done something to get your problem solved.
See also http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

		Attila Kinali

--
Emacs ist für mich kein Editor. Für mich ist das genau das gleiche, als wenn
ich nach einem Fahrrad (für die Sonntagbrötchen) frage und einen pangalaktischen