[MPlayer-users] How to output video to TV fullscreen (display overlay)?

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 5 11:14:45 CET 2003

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 01:06:27PM -0800, Phillip Pi wrote:
> I tried it (mplayer -xineramascreen 1 -fs finding_nemo-tlr1_fs.mov). Both
> monitor and TV went fullscreen, but I didn't want my monitor to go
> fullscreen. I only wanted the TV so I can use the computer to work on
> stuff during the video playback. Also, the TV doesn't show the whole
> video (3/4th of it only shows). It cropped part of it.

Then your TwinView configuration does not match your wishes.  You
could start experimenting with something like

  Option "TwinView"
  Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
  Option "MetaModes" "640x480, 640x480"
  Option "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"

in the "Screen" section of XF86Config.  (I did not test that.)  You
will have 640x480 on your monitor then, however.  Different
resolutions on both screens are possible, but I do not know, if -fs
will work with them without problems.

Have fun,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/