[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] libavcodec bframes bug

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jan 4 22:22:26 CET 2003

Hi,

> Just testing the new cool features of libavcodec when I encountered
> this bug:

fresh (today+) CVS or older cvs or rc2?

> When I enable b-frames mencoder crashes, I've tried without b-frames
> and it works ok. I fails after about 30 seconds of encoding.
>
> I get an error:
>
> mencoder: ratecontrol.c:584: ff_rate_estimate_qscale: Assertion
> `picture_number<rcc->num_entries' failed.

looks like you used different options for 1st and 2nd passes.

> The input file I'm trying to encode is quite big because I just copied
> the dvd into one single file, this may be the problem. ls -l
> gladiator.vob: 5.699.664.772 bytes

coudl you cut and upload a big enough part, along with a script containing
the commands you executed (for all passes) for reproducing the bug?

30s in .vob is around 30MB.

/dev/hdf1              77G   20G   57G  26% /home/ftp

the mphq ftp space should be enough :)

> mencoder ../gladiator.vob -oac copy -ovc lavc -vop
> scale=640:272,crop=720:420:0: 78 -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1075:keyint=300:qpel:cmp=3:subcmp=3:vmax_
> b_frames=2:vpass=1 -o gladiator-rip.avi

nice...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team