[MPlayer-users] [BUG?] current lavc & problems with cutting AVIs

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Fri Jan 3 23:58:29 CET 2003

Arpi wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>Hi,
>
>hmm. maybe the aspect ratio info is not saved at every keyframe, just in GOp
>headers? so till the first GOP header it plays with no aspect info, and then
>it reinits stuff. Michael?

Maybe, but mplayer reports also something about something else, too
(time_increment_bits). And it really appeared recently:

I uploaded a reproducible case into incoming/lavc_cut_problem. Running

./mencoder -v -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=500:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01:v
hq:vqmin=2 \
-nosound -endpos 02:00 -o mid.avi source.avi

./mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -ss 0:30 -endpos 00:10 -o out.avi mid.avi

produces broken out.avi with lavc build 4650, but a correct one with
build 4647. I used the same mplayer sources.

--
Jindrich Makovicka