[MPlayer-users] DXR3: DVD subtitles visible for short time

Jaroslav Tulach jtulach at netbeans.org
Fri Jan 3 21:39:26 CET 2003

Hi.
I have problems to play DVD with subtitles thru DXR3. The text of the
subtitle is often displayed for a very short time (I guess <=0.1s),
which makes it a bit hard to read ;-(

I have traced the problem down to vo_dxr3.c:draw_frame, there is a call to:

write(fd_spu, p->data, p->size);

which correctly displays the subtitle, but it immediatelly disappears. I
can set breakpoint to the line and do just "next", the effect is the
same, subtitle immediatelly disappears.

It took me a while to find the vo_dxr3.c:draw_frame line, but now I am
stuck here and have no idea what to debug next. What can be the problem?
Dxr3 driver? Dxr3 microcode? There does not seem to be anything wrong in
the mplayer's code!

People knowing the DXR3 part please help me. Thanks.
-jst