[MPlayer-users] How to output video to TV fullscreen (display overlay)?

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 3 19:31:49 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 12:04:08AM -0800, Phillip Pi wrote:
> [...] I was unable to find a way to output video from MPlayer
> v0.90rc2 to my TV from my LeadTek WinFast A250 GeForce4 Ti 4200 video
> card. I want it to play the video fullscreen (640x480 -- don't care if
> it is in wide screen) on my TV so I can use my monitor to work on
> whatever.

If you are using NVIDIA's XFree driver, configure it for TwinView.
NVIDIA's documentation tells you how to do that.  This won't give you
best possible TVout quality, however.

Then use MPlayer with -xineramascreen and -fs.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/