[MPlayer-users] BUG with -vop pp=help

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 2 22:27:04 CET 2003

Hi,

> After "mplayer -vop pp=help" mplayer prints the help information (this
> is right :-) and leaves the console in a state that any inputted text
> doesn't appear on it (this is wrong :).
>
> Bug in up-to-date CVS version.

yes, it's a known issue. there was a discussion on -dev-eng list few months
ago. the problem is that libpostproc should be mplayer-independent so it
cannot exit mplayer cleanly (calling exit_player()) and if getch2() was
inited before then console will remain unusable.

there was no better (and acceptable) solution, so we left it as is.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team