[MPlayer-users] -ss seeking on DVD

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Wed Jan 1 19:04:32 CET 2003

Happy new year and all that...

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to accuratley use -ss with a DVD yet?
I think that a while ago someone (Arpi i expect) said that it would never
be possible to seek to an exact second in a dvd track, but there have
been so many things that were previosuly listed as impossible (e.g.
sorenson) that are now taken for granted. The obvious suggestion is for me
to try it, but some some highly useful reason my dvd drive has recently
given up the ghost... If it's not yet possible will it be possible in the
future?

thanks

chris
xxxx