[MPlayer-users] detc not working

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 28 22:45:48 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:27:43PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > > file that shows
> > > the problem to mphq and I'll see if I can improve detc to detect it
> > > properly.
> >
> > It's there, in incoming, named foo-sample.mpeg.  I also put my
> > foo-sample.avi for your inspection if you wish.
>
> Hmm, this file is very weird. I'm trying to figure out what's been
> done. It looks like a weird/broken/nonstandard sort of telecine...

BTW, this looks like an SVCD... Have you tried playing it on a
hardware player connected to a TV? I imagine it will look REALLY bad,
since the telecine seems to be done backwards (pretending the bottom
frame comes before the top one). BTW, the following command line plays
it mostly right, at least with a few changes I've made to detc:

mplayer -vop flip,scale,detc,flip ...

The scale filter is just there to prevent a segfault. :)

Rich