[MPlayer-users] detc not working

mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Feb 28 20:36:50 CET 2003

I have an MPEG2 (origin unknown, but presumably ripped from DVD) which
is "hard" telecined.  I can see it quite obviously when I run "mplayer
-fps 1".  I tried to inverse telecine it with the detc filter but it
did not seem to work.  I did get a 23.98 stream out of the process,
but still has interlacing artifacts on 2 out of every 4 frames.  So
it's 2 nice clean "progressive" frames followed by two "interlaced"
frames followed again by two nice looking frames, etc.

My mencoder is from today's CVS and my commane line is:

$ mencoder -ofps 23.976 -vop detc -of avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128:mode=1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:aspect=640/480:vbitrate=3000 -o foo.avi foo.mpeg

Is there something I am missing?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell