[MPlayer-users] Mplayer on a Live CD

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Fri Feb 28 14:35:14 CET 2003

Hi!

As anyone managed to run mplayer in one of these famous Live CD distro's?

In any case, some questions:

Does MPlayer need a writable filesystem?
How much memory will MPlayer need to play Divx/DVD (in average...)?
Can the normal MPlayer status line be omitted?

The objective is to have a bootable CD with a minimal Linux setup and all
codecs/vo's to transform MPlayer in a 'media center' for my living room ;)

I don't want to have an harddisk because of noise/heat... And yes, the
computer will have one cdrom reader for the 'linux os' and one DVD-rom for
the media.

Even if i don't manage to do it, Congratulations for the best movie player
in the world.

Luis Correia