[MPlayer-users] dumb question "Too many video packets in buffer"

no_spam at ntlworld.com no_spam at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 27 12:20:36 CET 2003

Dear Mplayer users,

What does this "Too many video packets in buffer" mean?

The video stream I played was created with mencoder, I would
like to prevent this message with encoder options rather than
decoder options if possible.  I currently create the mpg file with
a command like:

"mencoder \\*.jpg -mf on:fps=25 -of mpeg -o output.mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video"

I have tried the following options during decoding -ni -mc 0 but that don't appear
to affect this message.

So could you explain the message and suggest some actions to
prevent it, preferably at the encoder stage.

Thanks SA