[MPlayer-users] Playlist options and keyboard shortcuts

George Reynolds george at dodgybloke.co.uk
Wed Feb 26 19:14:54 CET 2003

I am planning on using mplayer in our upcoming university play.
I need to do the following:

1) set up a list of clips in the play list to play in order
2) play these clips in order, but not one after each other:
what is the keyboard shortcut to stop the next clip playing OR
to stop the player and then press a key to go onto the next clip.

At the moment the clips play one after another, which is not really what I
want.
I have found that you can press enter, to continue onto the next clip without
playing the current one, but I don't know how to stop or pause from the
keyboard. Obviously I cannot have the graphical interface up and use the
mouse to pause and click as this will be projected onto the screen, looking
very poor.

I would appeciate any help you could give me.

I am using SuSE 8.1
If your program cannot do this, can anyone suggest one that can, maybe
vlc a text based client?

thanks
george