[MPlayer-users] DVD - Split Screen

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Feb 26 03:55:51 CET 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:18:13PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:36:45 -0800
> Brian Craft <bcboy at thecraftstudio.com> wrote:
>
> > On my G400 I get left side ok, right side with *horizontal* lines through it if
> > my root window is at a high resolution. At 1024x768 it's fine, and I think it's
> > ok at 1280x1024. Above that and the distortion starts and gets worse as the
> > resolution increases. It doesn't matter whether it's in fullscreen or normal
> > mode. I leave the root at a lower resolution to avoid this.
>
> I had the same with my G200 when going above 800x600.
> It was a hw bug (ask Arpi what exactly).
> Guess the 400 has the same problem

I think it means your refresh rate is way too high. Use something sane
and the problem should go away. BTW if you watch movies on your
monitor, you REALLY should set the refresh rate to 72 Hz (or rather
71.928 Hz, exactly 3x the framerate you plan to watch). Otherwise
you'll get slight choppiness. 4x framerate would also work, but that's
probably high enough to overload the BES's clock (like the trouble you
were reporting).

Rich