[MPlayer-users] sound problem with arts

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Tue Feb 25 17:47:21 CET 2003

Hi Petr,

good question. I compile mplayer myself with the gcc which
came with SuSE 7.3, gcc-2.5.?? I think. I installed the KDE 3.1
rpm packages for SuSE 7.3 from the SuSE web site, but I don't
know with which compiler they were created. I assume that
they do make their rpms on clean machines with the original
distros installed, but I cannot be sure. Is there a way to find
this out (some string in the binaries one could search for)?

Michael