[MPlayer-users] reencoding of audio?

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Tue Feb 25 01:33:59 CET 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:33:01 +0100
Konstantinos Blatzonis <Kosta at gmxpro.net> wrote:

> I encoded some VOBs to one divx_avi. When I did this I forgott to
> raise up the inputgainlevel of mencoder, so that the sound is - even
> when mixer is on 100% - not loud enought. What can I do gain up the
> sound?

I had to do this once. First split out the audio:
mplayer -ao pcm -aofile quiet.wav -ovc dummy quietmovie.avi

Then hike the volume:
sox -v 1.5 quiet.wav loud.wav

Then mux the audio back in with the video:
mencoder -oac mp3lame -audiofile loud.wav -ovc copy -o loudmovie.avi quietmovie.avi

Or something like that. Adjust the details to your needs.

Martin