[MPlayer-users] performance vs. wm, or gnome?

Josh Green jgreen at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 24 20:48:22 CET 2003

I bet you are experiencing the same problem I was. I don't run RH
myself, but I noticed that when I changed GTK themes, I started getting
video/audio sync problems. This was due to extra CPU overhead. The
weired thing is that the themes I was using were GTK2 themes (MPlayer
uses GTK1 I think), but there was no matching GTK1 theme so it was
falling back to its default, which was giving me headaches. So try a
different GTK theme. Ultra frustrating. Cheers.
	Josh Green