[MPlayer-users] Stream Not Seekable!

Suhas Patil suhas2z2 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 24 14:02:10 CET 2003

Hi All !,

I have build Mplayer with RTSP/RTP support libraries from 'live.com'. I am trying to stream from the streaming21 server. I am getting error "stream not seekable!". The detailed errors log is

- can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf: No such file or directory.

- can't open input config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/input.conf: No such file or directory.

Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config.

Playing rtsp://192.168.0.9/s21mvc/clip1.avi

connected to server:192.168.0.9

stream not seekable!

Failed to get SDP description from URL "rtsp://192.168.0.9/s21mvc/clip1" connect failed: connection refused.

Pls give some suggestions to rectify this problem. I tried with .mp3, .vob, .avi, .mpg files.

No stream found.