[MPlayer-users] Which streaming server for MPlayer?

Marco Menchise iz8aeb at amsat.org
Mon Feb 24 10:36:11 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 08:48:59PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

> > Hello,
> >
> > has anyone tried any free server for streaming mpeg from HD
> > and/or from DVB card over the net?
> >
> > Obviously using MPlayer as a client :-)
>
> dvbstream works fine

Yes, we are using it since a while. It streams TS or PS from a DVB
transpoder using multicast UDP.

We are now looking for something more, especially for making video
streaming inside our office network.  The mpeg videos should be taken
from a videoserver HD and I was simply looking for a streaming server.

Marco