[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Crash after starting a second X Server

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Feb 24 00:24:01 CET 2003

Draco wrote:

>>I can't reproduce it here either, with a GeForce4 Ti4200. Are you using
>>those crummy 4191 drivers? I had several problems with those regarding
>>multiple X servers, and went back to 3123 a long time ago.
>
> No, I'm using the Version 3123.
> I also found out, that Xine has the same problem, so it may be a problem of X
> or the nvidia driver, not one of mplayer....

Ok. For what it's worth, I started a movie playing in my primary X
server, switched to fullscreen, killed my two secondary X servers
(leaving me in a text VC), and switched back the primary. Then I
switched back to text, and started up both secondary X servers again,
simultaneously. I closed them both immediately, then restarted them.
Mplayer played straight through with nary a hiccup.

-Corey

bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ X -version

XFree86 Version 4.2.1 (Debian 4.2.1-3 20021016191246
branden at deadbeast.net) / X Window System
Release Date: 3 September 2002
	If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
	newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
	reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.18 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present

bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ uname -a
Linux bugfood 2.4.21-pre4 #1 Thu Jan 30 00:31:39 PST 2003 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm)  AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux