[MPlayer-users] Capturing to yuv4mpeg

darkshadow at shaw.ca darkshadow at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 23 12:32:05 CET 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:51:47 +0100
Christof Buergi <christof at buergi.lugs.ch> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2003 14.12 schrieb darkshadow at shaw.ca:
> > if I use "-aop copy -vop copy" it captures fine but then I have to
> > convert. if I use mplayer instead and "-vo yuv4mpeg" I can't find a
> > command that will give me sound but video is fine
>
> yuv4mpeg is video only, so it's not that surprising you get no audio.
> Use -ao pcm (along with -vo yuv4mpeg) to store the audio date.

No the problem is with mplayer I don't get sound from the sound card

here is the output that records video fine with mplayer but no sound

darkshadow:/mm3$ mplayer -tv on:driver=v4l:width=480:height=480:input=2:norm=ntsc:amode=1:adevice=/dev/dsp:fps=29.97 -ao pcm -vo yuv4mpeg -aofile stream.wav
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/local/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or directory
Reading config file /home/darkshadow/.mplayer/config
Reading /home/darkshadow/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open '/home/darkshadow/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 135 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/darkshadow/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Failed to open /dev/rtc: No such device (mplayer should be setuid root or /dev/rtc should be readable by the user.)
Using usleep() timing
Input config file /home/darkshadow/.mplayer/input.conf parsed : 2 binds
Setting up LIRC support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: Connection refused
Failed to open LIRC support.
You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing TV
TV detected! ;-)
Selected driver: v4l
 name: Video 4 Linux input
 author: Alex Beregszaszi <alex at naxine.org>
 comment: under development
Selected device: BT878(Pinnacle PCTV Studio/Ra)
 Capabilites: capture tuner overlay clipping frameram scales
 Device type: 235
 Supported sizes: 48x32 => 768x480
 Inputs: 3
  0: Television: tuner audio tv camera  (tuner:1, norm:ntsc)
  1: Composite1: audio camera  (tuner:0, norm:ntsc)
  2: S-Video: audio camera  (tuner:0, norm:ntsc)
Audio mode setup warning!
Requested mode was stereo, but v4l still reports mono.
You may need "forcechan" option to force stereo/mono audio recording.
Using input 'S-Video'
Selected input hasn't got a tuner!
vo_yuv4mpeg: Using (default) progressive frame mode
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [yuv4mpeg] 480x480 => 480x480 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm:raw (RAW YV12)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
V:   1.4   41   0%  4%  0.0% 0 0 0%
Exiting... (Quit)

when I try mencoder no matter what I do I can't get it to record yuv4mpeg

plus on a side note what software can I use to cut out commercials glav and avidemux will not open these files