[MPlayer-users] playing DVD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Feb 23 17:17:16 CET 2003

Hi,

> > even complex ones
> Hmm, even complex ones? Didn't know that. However I really doubt they can be of
> significant help with MP3/AC3..

why?
it can do the freq space -> time space conversion (DCT) and also can do the
downmixing if you want 2/4 channels instead of 5.1 or upmixing
(mono->stereo or stereo->surround etc)
"only" the bitstream parsing has to be done by the CPU.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino