[MPlayer-users] slide show of images

Dr Chittaranjan Mandal chitta at cse.iitkgp.ernet.in
Sat Feb 22 19:02:17 CET 2003

How can I make a slide show of jpg images with the required pause after
each image. It would be desirable to show individual images for differing
periods of time.
A sound tract also needs to be added.

I tried the following command to test encode some jpg images:
  mencoder "*.jpg" -mf  on:fps=25 -o output.avi -ovc copy/lavc
and played back with: mplayer output.avi [-speed 0.05]
While some of the images came out well, others displayed poorly.
Also, not all images were displayed for the same period of time.
Any explanations? remedies?

I would like the playback to be as good as the individual images.

Thanks,
Chitta