[MPlayer-users] A/V delay and EsounD

Slawomir Jelinski klurik at tlen.pl
Sat Feb 22 08:50:16 CET 2003

Hi.

Mplayer shows audio delay when I'm playing movie using esound audio output.
Audio stream is slower than video stream. I was testing  "-ao esd" & "-ao sdl:esd"
output.  I was trying -ni -nobps -autosync -cache options with many diffrent
avi files - there is no effect.
If I'm seting output to "oss" everything is fine.

It is normal? Or am I do something wrong??

My hardware is Celeron @450MHz, 128MB RAM, ATI Radeon VE
QY (AGP) (ChipID = 0x5159) ,but  the same effect on  Pentium 100Mhz 32 MB
RAM with S3Trio64V2DX graphics card.   Delay shows in non-fullscreen mode too
when CPU load is not maximum, so I think the slow cpu is not the reason.

I was tested MPlayer versions: 0.90-rc1,2,3,4, couple of "pre" versions, and
several older ( I don't remember them all).

Esound version: 0.2.28, but it is ok (  I think :> ) becuse xmms , gaim via esd
works fine.

My english is very poor but I think You know what I mean :)

--
Sławomir Jeliński