[MPlayer-users] will mplayer do a 3:2 pulldown on 24 fps video when ofps=29.97?

mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Feb 21 20:36:28 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:07:49AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Well the auto activation in -vop telecine could be based on the value
> of -ofps. I'm just saying that an option called -ofps should not in
> itself add filters.

So rather than having mplayer implicity put telecine into the video
filter pipe, you prefer the user has to specify it, and it is just a
NOOP if no 3:2 pulldown needs to be done to convert the input frame
rate to the output frame rate (i.e. they are not the same or output is
not 20% > input)?

I can live with that.

> So far -ofps doesn't exist anyway.

Right.

> That's the whole idea. You should see the source material I designed
> it to work with...

:-)

Just as a corner case, have you decided what you are going to do
if you have two differently telecined images in the same frame?  i.e.
the broadcaster is sending an NTSC telecined stream but overlays (like
PIP) another telecined image into the original, where the telecining
patterns are not in sync.  :-)

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell