[MPlayer-users] will mplayer do a 3:2 pulldown on 24 fps video when ofps=29.97?

mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Feb 21 11:13:33 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:25:17AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Hmm, on second thought, fps is probably a global variable... :|
>
> So, it should be possible to make a the telecine filter accept some
> sort of 'auto' parameter to control whether it auto-activates
> according to framerates.

Now you are talking!  :-)

> This definitely does not belong inside -ofps
> handling, though.

If you don't use -ofps, how do you "auto" decide whether telecining
needs to be done or not?

> Ah, it's called -identify!

Ahhh. Yes indeed.

Another question regarding the inverse telecine:

Is it smart enough re-sync in the event that the telecine flow breaks?
i.e. I have a stream that is telecined and I remove a chunk in the
middle, but the chunk removed does not align with the 3:2 pulldown
flow. Will detc figure that out?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell