[MPlayer-users] 0.90rc4: Crash on DivX503 and next/prev stream menu entries swapped

Jeremy Bryan Smith mr_helamonster at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 09:10:54 CET 2003

Subject says it all, but to clarify:

When I use unsharp mask ( -vop unsharp ) when playing an avi that
MPlayer reports as being "encoded with DivX503 Build740" MPlayer crashes
with the following:

---

This file was encoded with DivX503 Build740
VDec: vo config request - 632 x 464 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.36:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
unsharp: 0x0:0.00 (don't touch luma)
unsharp: 0x0:0.00 (don't touch chroma)
VO: [xv] 632x464 => 632x464 Planar YV12
get_buffer() failed (stride changed).053   15/ 15  96%  8%  1.8% 8 0 0%%

Then, after clicking OK to all the dialogs:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
   disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash.b.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
   version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
DOCS/bugreports.html
   and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
provide
   this information when reporting a possible bug.

---

When I don't use unsharp, MPlayer plays the same file without problems.
It seems to crash when using any video output method (I tried xv, x11,
sdl, fbdev).

It does not crash when using unsharp on "DivX501 Build484" or any other
codec that was used to encode things I have played recently.

Also, in the GUI Menu, "Playing -> Prev stream" acts as Next Stream and
  "Playing -> Next stream" acts as Prev Stream.
It looks like the order of the strings was typoed, because next stream
is before prev stream in the menu.

Here is some hopefully helpful information:

MPlayer was compiled with the following options:

   Byte order: Little Endian
   Optimizing for: athlon-tbird mmx mmx2 3dnow 3dnowex mtrr

   Enabled optional drivers:
     Input: streaming tv-v4l edl tv mpdvdkit2 vcd
     Codecs: qtx libavcodec real dshow/dmo win32 libvorbis gif
     Audio output: esd oss sdl mpegpes(file)
     Video output: xvidix sdl vesa gif89a jpeg png mpegpes(file) fbdev
svga aa opengl dga xv x11
   Disabled optional drivers:
     Input: tv-bsdbt848 cdda dvdnav dvdread dvdcss
     Codecs: opendivx xvid libdv xanim libmad liblzo
     Audio output: sgi sun alsa arts dxr2 nas win32
     Video output: bl zr dxr3 dxr2 directx ggi xmga mga directfb tdfxfb 3dfx

My specs (machine used to compile AND play):

Distro  : Red Hat Linux 8.0
Kernel  : 2.4.18-19.8.0
libc    : 2.293
X       : XFree86 Version 4.2.0 (Red Hat Linux release: 4.2.0-72)
gcc     : gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
ld      : GNU ld version 2.13.90.0.2 20020802
binutils: GNU assembler 2.13.90.0.2 20020802
gtk2    : 2-2.0.6-8
gtk+    : 1.2.10-22
glib    : 1.2.10-8
glib2   : 2.0.6-2

video   : Riva TNT (STB Velocity 4400)
driver  : nVidia 1.0-4191
CPU     :
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) processor
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1202.878
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 2383.03

--

Jeremy Bryan Smith (aka Helamonster)
MPlayer rocks!