[MPlayer-users] newer mplayer & DVD encryption

en ne lttlstrwbrr at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 19 15:28:29 CET 2003

hi,

I didn t find anything about this in the faqs or docs,
I read something analogous in the mailing list, but no
solution was given, so I bring it up to your attention
again.

with the NEWER versions of mplayer
(pre5 src, rc3 rpm, rc4 src) I can t watch encrypted
DVDs.

compiled with mpdvdkit, libdvdread says it cannot play
encrypted dvds (no encr. dvd support).

Finally: you mention libcss-0.0.1 (not newer) in the
FAQ. I searched the whole net... WHERE can I find
that!?

Finally2: thx for mplayer, sometimes it works really