[MPlayer-users] Problem with libmp3lame.

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Tue Feb 18 19:27:09 CET 2003

> Hi,
>
> I have following problem with libmp3lame- when it is configured with no
> options (i.e. with ./configure only- so installed in /usr/local),
> mplayer can't configure for it (can't see it). When lame is configured
> with --prefix=/usr everything works just fine. What is the problem?
> I've found, that there is small software piece to find, if libmp3lame
> exists- but I can't make it to compile regardless libmp3lame is under
> /usr or /usr/local
>
> What is wrong?
>

> Regards,
>
> M.W.

Well, since you gave no system specs, I am going to assume you are in linux with a default install.
First off, try RTFM and RTFOutput of ./configure --help
(Hint: --with-extralibdir)

If this doesn't resolve, the only other option is what you have done, use --prefix with lame and install there.

/S. Smith