[MPlayer-users] ASX parser problems with some ASX files

benno2 at gardena.net benno2 at gardena.net
Tue Feb 18 19:23:26 CET 2003

Hi,
I'm testing some internet radio sites using mplayerplug-in (works great!) and
I found that some sites using .asx do not a output <ref href="mms://... tag

For example this URL works ok with mplayer .90rc4
http://www.br-online.de/streaming/bayern3/bayern3_m32_red.asx

the asx page contains the ref href tag:

<ref
href="mms://a1167.l674224659.c6742.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1167/6742/v0001/reflector:24659"
/>

while a different site I tried:
http://www.radiotirol.it/webradio/live.asx

does not work because the page contains only the string:
mms://81.72.177.105:8080

When I give this string to mplayer as argument it works ok, but if I call
mplayer with the above .asx page as argument it exits:

mplayer http://www.radiotirol.it/webradio/live.asx

Playing http://www.radiotirol.it/webradio/live.asx
Resolving www.radiotirol.it ...
Connecting to server www.radiotirol.it[195.254.224.187]:80 ...
Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Connected to server: www.radiotirol.it
Cache fill:  0,01% (24 bytes)    Falling back on trying to parse playlist
http://www.radiotirol.it/webradio/live.asx...
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===

Same happens when I click on this page from mozilla + mplayerplug-in
nothing happens and I see a white page showing the source of the page which is:
mms://81.72.177.105:8080

If you can please fix this in the ASX parser, eg if no REF HREF tag is found
then pass the mms:// url to mplayer and play it.

Let me know
cheers,
Benno