[MPlayer-users] mplayer streaming bug

Mihai RUSU dizzy at roedu.net
Tue Feb 18 18:52:44 CET 2003

Hi

I posted a message some time ago about a strange bug with mplayer and
ffserver served ASF streams. Now I know for sure its mplayer's fault. If
configuring ffserver to stream from a port different from 80, mplayer
connects to it, then it prints something like "ASF Redirector" , then it
tries to connect to port 80 and waits. But if configuring ffserver to
stream on port 80 then it will work. Also notice that other clients (like
WMP) dont have this problem.

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.