[MPlayer-users] playing DVD

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Tue Feb 18 17:22:58 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 17:01, janik wrote:
> thanks gabor
> sorry I have not many information about multimedia stuff in linux
> so my questions are maybe silly but I am trying to find some help to
> understand what's going on
>
> 1. I know that my sblive5.1 has dolby digital decoder

let's not discuss this...
i know in win you can decode it, but it seems that the decoding is done
partly by the hardware and partly by the sblive-windows driver ( i also
have an sblive5.1 btw :-)

> 2. so I want watch movie with ac3 sound with 6 channels and for decoding
> I want to use sblive

that just won't work in linux.

but... simply tell me what you want to achieve?

what kind of speakers do you want to connect to your sblive?
6 speakers?
or you have a digital speaker system with a hardware ac3 decoder?

for example.. if your speakers are those creative whatever, where you
have to plug 3 cables into your soundcard, then it's as simply as:

"mplayer -channels 6 my.avi"

gabor