[MPlayer-users] mplayer .90rc4 freezes after playing WMV, bug ?

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Tue Feb 18 14:58:51 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 04:07:00PM +0100, benno2 at gardena.net wrote:
> I tried to play some WMV files thorugh mms:// and it works fine except
> that mplayer stalls when the video ends.

There is a workaround for this. I don't remember exactly, but only the
DLL (windows) codec can play these files correctly, and mplayer defaults
to the non-DLL codec, which can't play the file.

Search the archives, you can workaround this specifying the DLL codec
manually with a -afm command-line option, I just don't have it with me
right now...