[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 8500 Vid Card

Stefan Lange hoirkman at gmx.de
Mon Feb 17 11:51:20 CET 2003

> resume: either you got perfect mplayer environment like xvidix and xv
> with yuv/rgb overlays and no 3D - with gatos or XFree86 drivers, either

That is not completely true: With the free drivers from the DRI project
(dri.sf.net), which will also be included in XF86 4.3.0 soon, you can
also get 3D acceleration. It's still significantly slower than the
firegl-drivers, and it lacks some features, but it's definitely more
than "no 3D". xv and (x)vidix also work fine with these drivers.

regards
Stefan