[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 8500 Vid Card

Dan ayahuasca at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 17 08:51:31 CET 2003

GS Hunt wrote:

> I'm looking at buying a new video card...
>
> I'm looking at an ATI Radeon 8500LE .. seems to be a good choice
> performance and price.
>
> Anyone comments on choice and how it performs with Mplayer would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Gary

Don't expect tv-out to work particularly well.
I can currently get tv-out working with the tool 'atitvout' under _very_
special circumstances, but I'm not particularly satisfied with it.
MPlayer has the vesa framebuffer & directfb drivers which have worked
intermittently for me.
Using -vo vesa currently just causes a segfault.
Using -vo directfb works but there are sync problems and it's a little
crashy.

Other than that, the Radeons work nicely. But since you're posting to
the mplayer list, I thought tv-out might be important to you...