[MPlayer-users] Mplayer v4l2 support

Roger Miliker roger_miliker at gmx.at
Sun Feb 16 22:53:43 CET 2003

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new version of the saa7134 driver
over at bytesex.org, that fixes the green-frame-problem I had.

With this new version of the saa7134 driver i can watch tv with mplayer
(unpatched rc4), but I don't get any sound. I think mplayer doesn't unmute
(!?) the tv-card.

I use a cable from the line out of the video card to the line-in of the
sound-card. In xawtv and tvtime i can control the volume by adjusting the
line in. They both turn on the sound of the tvcard themselves.

I wonder what is the right way to get sound working. The mplayer docs seem a
bit thin on this topic.

Good Luck

Roger