[MPlayer-users] Re: a/v sync watching tv

Giuseppe Ciotta giuppi at acaro.org
Sun Feb 16 18:29:52 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 11:28:20PM +0100, Giuseppe Ciotta wrote:

> >try the 'immediatemode=0' parameter of -tv
> >

> >A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

> i've tried:
>
> mplayer -quiet -slave -vo xv -fs -tv
> on:driver=v4l:immediatemode=0:device=/dev/video:adevice=/dev/dsp2:input=0:no
> rm=PAL:channels=G-RAI1,26-RAI2,33-RAI3,45-Rete4,56-Canale5,49-Italia1:channe
> l=G:chanlist=italy:width=640:height=480
> but i get a green screen (with sound) :( i've tried with and without
> adevice option. (does immediatemode allow to use btaudio?)
> another question:
> it would be better to use outfmt=yuy2 or just leaving default colorspace is
> better ?
>
> i'm trying also to use v4l2, does mplayer perform better with the new api ?
> is there any specific patch around or it's just better use the v4l1
> backward compatibility of the new bttv driver ?
>
> thanks a lot!

i've searched docs on `immediatemode' option  but the only
documentation i've found is in the manual, where:

                 immediatemode=<bool>
                                     A value of 0 means capture andbuffer au-
                                     dio and video together (defaultfor  men-
                                     coder).  A value of 1 (defaultfor mplay-
                                     er) means to do video  captureonly  and
                                     let the audio go through aloopback cable
                                     from the TV card to thesoundcard.

I don't understand if this option allows to use the btaudio device as
i can do in mencoder.

Anyway, is it a know issue the delay between audio and video watching
tv ?

thanks and sorry for the amount of questions!

--
(string 72 101 108 108 111)