[MPlayer-users] Question about LEF output

Thomas Zangl - Mobil mobil at tzi.dhs.org
Sat Feb 15 16:16:56 CET 2003

Hi,

I own a SBLive Value sound card and I played around with mplayer.

I use a Test File (AC3) with 5.1 encoding telling me which channel is currently
played (Left, Center, Right, Left Surround, Right Surround, LFE).

I can get every channel working with my 4.1 setup except the LFE.

If I use
"mplayer -vo null -ao oss -channels 4 Dolby\ Digital\ AC3\ Test.vob" I can
hear all except the LFE.
If I use "mplayer -vo null -ao oss -channels 5 Dolby\ Digital\ AC3\ Test.vob",
I can´t hear the "Center" and the LFE channel.
If I use "mplayer -vo null -ao oss -channels 6 Dolby\ Digital\ AC3\ Test.vob"
I also miss "Center" and "LFE".

Driver: SBLive - OSS from opensource.creative.com
Mplayer: Latest from mplayer.hu
Speaker: Logitech 4.1 (Z-560), connected with 2 3,5mm cables to my SBLive

Anybody an Idea how to get the LFE working?