[MPlayer-users] -speed switch cause broken audiodump.wav

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 15 14:27:38 CET 2003

Hi,

> > Fastest dumping is achieved with
> >
> > mplayer -ao pcm -aofile myfile.wav -vc dummy -vo null
> >
> > Use any non-existing vc.
>
> Works fine! Thanks! This is the exact behavior I would have expected
> from "-vc null"

no.
-vc null means no decoding but empty video (so you'll get gray/black empty
video window).
-vc nonexisting will disable video output completely due to no codec found

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino