[MPlayer-users] bug in scaler ?

Mihai RUSU dizzy at roedu.net
Sat Feb 15 03:07:29 CET 2003

Hi

I have also uploaded a sample avi file to
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming with the following names

scaler-bug.avi
scaler-bug.txt - includes mplayer -v output

Thanks

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Mihai RUSU wrote:

> Hmm, if I crop the movie to 640x272 (it keeps the aspect ratio) then it
> will scale it well for fullscreen. I can probably scale it to 640x272 in
> the encoding phase but why isnt possible to have a 854x362 movie ok with
> fullscreen ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Mihai RUSU wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > I have hit a problem with mplayer. I am encoding a DVD movie keeping a
> > pretty high resolution (854x362). If I play the movie it shows very good
> > without any scaling, if I switch to fullscreen (Im using xv driver but I
> > have tried the software scaler with -vop and does the same) then Ill get
> > strange lines arround the objects (if there is a white object in a black
> > background then Im getting white lines arround the object).
> >
> > What is the problem ?
> >
> > Thanks

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.